Saturday 7 January 2012

What are YOU going to do to make a difference in 2012?

Why does 2012 feel like such a big year? There's the London Olympics and Paralympic Games, plus the Queen's big anniversary celebrations.

It also feels as if something else in the air is positive. Less of the selfishness and more of a focus on community. We're all being squeezed financially but that is forcing us to realise what really matters.

I wrote my latest blog for The Best of Hitchin with that thought in mind. Something of the 'Ask not what your country can do for you ...'

I'm not actually going to hold anyone accountable for making a difference in 2012, but I'm certain that I'll be trying to set an example. Ignore me if you choose - that's your decision.

The next week will mostly be spent playing in the band for Harpenden and Wheathampstead Gang Show and I'll be surrounded by people giving up their time for nothing - often huge amounts of time, regularly, to give children and young people an unforgettable experience. I'm looking forward to it.

So, I shall be doing all I can to make a difference in 2012. Hopefully, for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment