Wednesday 27 March 2013

Admitting defeat - my shoulder hurts

It's been 10 weeks since I fractured my shoulder and the car crash was nine weeks before that. A visit to the physio and a telephone conversation with my GP today made me realise that I've caused some serious damage to my body and it's not getting mended any time soon.

I'm doing too much still and trying to live my life normally when I've got about 10% movement in my left shoulder, plus residual rib damage and spine pain. It's not about feeling sorry for myself, but I do need to cut myself some slack. Time to admit that I'm in pain and go back onto the stronger painkillers in the hope that I will mend soon.

Good Friday's gig was a target for me and I was hoping that I'd be feeling fine by now, but I'm really not. Just have to get through it and stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment