Wednesday 25 July 2012

Magic Alex

I had the rather strange experience this evening of seeing - nay, enjoying - watching the son of a friend strip. On a huge screen at the Empire Leicester Square.
Alex Pettyfer (seen here in 'Magic Mike') is the son of Richard, who I know quite well. He's a local Hitchin boy and it's certainly strange to see what looks like his younger self getting naked.

The film itself was a great deal better than I had expected. I'm not really a 'chick flick' type of girl, but there were elements of this (not the obvious ones) that I liked. I have to say, the partial nudity became somewhat repetitive but the writing was definitely above the norm for the genre. Some real humour in evidence.

All in all, not a film I regret seeing, but probably not one that I will buy on DVD. It would appear that the 'Kid' has some good movies coming up and a couple of them sound much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment