Saturday 26 October 2013

Walking a mile in your shoes

Much of this week has been spent covering for a colleague while she suns herself in Croatia. It's not a job I would do permanently and this week has shown me very clearly what she experiences every day of every week.

The client involved is undergoing radical change and my role was to help manage the creation of their internal communications materials to help employees understand the processes and decisions.

It's been thoroughly enlightening, both in terms of doing a completely different job of managing rather than creating and also in dealing with people I am normally at arm's length from.

Perhaps it's something we should all do more often - take Atticus Finch's advice in 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Once in a while.


Posted via my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment