Sunday 1 June 2014

Might this be the answer?

Well, today was interesting. At least, a couple of minutes were really interesting and then there was lots of thought.

I caught a glimpse of Secret Eaters - a TV show that helps people who are heavier than they'd like. It usually reveals them as people who eat LOADS. It's not rocket science, but suddenly it grabbed my attention when the one of the subjects revealed he had a gastric band.

The nutritionist, Lynn Garton, gave the guy some advice about eating after his stomach operation that really struck a chord with me.

I've been suffering with nausea and abdominal pains almost constantly since the removal of a GIST and a chunk of my stomach on 1 August.

The TV advice was simple, but has already (touch wood) begun to make a difference. Just don't drink 30 minutes before and an hour after eating. Works on the basis that liquid will wash food through the stomach before it's properly digested, I think.

In any case, if there's a lifestyle change that will stop me having to take so much medication, it has to be worth a try. So far, so good and I'll see how it goes in the next few days.


Posted via my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment