Monday 23 March 2015

Social media - brand recognition or selling stuff?

I'm on a mission.

I'm tired of having my time wasted by social media.

Don't get me wrong - I love reading tweets about what you had for breakfast. Actually, have you noticed there's less of that now?

But I do love reading about what people are doing, whether in business, with family, friends, music, creativity etc etc. It's not a waste of time. I find it stimulating and often thought-provoking. Perhaps that's just the people I follow.

What I DON'T love is the people who don't really know what they're doing, whether it's on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or whatever the next new thing is. Come on, people. Make your mind up. Are you telling me about your brand (personal or business), or are you flogging stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment