Wednesday 5 August 2015

Blast from the past

This week has featured some decluttering in my office. While throwing out a load of documents, I found some memories of the past.

In July 1990, I had to visit an East Berlin clinic and this is the note I was given afterwards. I was working on 'The Wall' in Potsdamer Platz and can't remember what I did, but I ended up going across the newly-broken wall for treatment.

I wish I knew German, so I could make sense of it now. I do remember it was like going back in time, just walking a few yards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fascinating!
I didn't visit Berlin until two years ago and what an amazing city is is.
I remember the wall coming down vividly and how amazing that you were a part of that piece of history!

Hilary Seabrook said...

Thanks, Jane. It was definitely historic!

Post a Comment