Wednesday 10 August 2016

Are you a thought leader?

I wouldn't consider myself a thought leader, but after reading Mindy Gibbins-Klein's 24 Carat Bold, I will definitely aim to be more courageous.

In my head, experts are defined by others - there are several 'experts' whose claims have been debunked over the years. I can't imagine why anyone would ever think of me as an expert in anything, but I do think I can make myself more credible.

As with most business books, you take the nuggets that work for you and there are some great ones. It's all about engagement and that starts with you. How can you expect people to engage with your own ideas if you're not engaging with others'?

I'm not putting this one away on my bookshelf - it needs another read to glean more nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment