Sunday 14 October 2018

A new weekend read

The newly redesigned Guardian Weekly has become my weekend reading material. Somehow, being a magazine format makes the words and photographs work better, especially in my down-time.


    There's always been the right balance of brief articles that allow the reader to catch up on the previous week's events and opinions, together with longer features bringing the in-depth analysis done so well in both the Guardian and Observer.
    Even when they're small - like the faces on page 7 of former Interpol chief Meng Hongwei and Nobel prize winners Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad - the photographs are of the same high standard one has come to expect from the Guardian stable. Writ large, they're even better. The AP shot of Dewayne Johnson on page 24 shows the character of the man, etched into every painful line of the man whose cancer has been proved to be caused by Monsanto products.
    I've rediscovered the Guardian Weekly this week and I'm glad I have. My subscription is in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment