Saturday 3 November 2018

The importance of sleeping - and dreaming


I was fortunate enough to spot online by chance - and then book - a retreat in the heart of London.
This was one of my mementoes from an extraordinary day.
The retreat took place in  a hotel just a few minutes' walk from London Bridge station. It was easy to get to and such a joy from start to finish.
Sessions on the day included discussions on sleep, diet and general wellbeing. The presenters were Wajeeha Amin and Dr Fairoz Miller. Between them, they explored the issues of health and wellbeing in a scientific, insightful way. The other participants on the day were equally positive and helpful - all in all, it was an intensely personal experience that I hope to repeat in the not-too-distant future.
Meanwhile, this test-tube sits in front of me on my desk. Its shape reflects the scientific knowledge of the day, while the label reminds me of the value of dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment