Wednesday 19 February 2020

It's about time

You often hear the definitions of people's lifestyles as 'money rich; time poor' and I have been reminded of this, on taking two days out of a busy week to drive my elderly parents around.
    I took them to places they've loved and we met up with special people they haven't seen for years. We even managed to track down my son for supper, and I included an old friend as a surprise, who none of us has seen for a decade.
    Although my two days away from my desk have left me with lots of work to catch up on, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
    We found (by accident) a motorcycle museum that took my Dad back to his youth and drove companionably around the New Forest. Although I'm desperate to reduce my impact on the environment, there is nothing quite like a drive in the country to restore your soul.
    Probably two of the best days my parents have spent for a long time. Family gold!






No comments:

Post a Comment