Monday 6 April 2020

Sticking to the rules


Even the cattle up at Oughtonhead Nature Reserve - a five minutes' walk from my home - are maintaining the prescribed two metre separation.
    What I find odd is the number of humans who find sticking to the rules so difficult.
    This is what I found a little further up the same path on Monday morning, after a particularly beautiful spring weekend:
    There were numerous bottles and cans, plus a pair of trousers and even a little bag that had obviously contained an illicit substance of some kind. It took Florence and I just three minutes to tidy up and we carried everything to the nearest bin, which was obviously too arduous a task for those responsible for the mess. Regardless of the litter, clearly there had been a group gathering in the sunshine. I sincerely hope none of them have to use the services of the NHS as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment