Thursday 8 April 2021

Beginning my cycling training

 Today was a first - I collected my bike from the repairer and took it for a spin.

    Just a brief ride, but a ride nonetheless. If I'm honest, it was tougher than I expected. My legs ache a little and I can feel that I'm out of condition.

    But that is what training is for.

    On Sunday 19 September, I'll be cycling the 55 miles from London to Brighton. That's just over five months to get fit. Thank goodness I bought padded shorts and gloves.

    Today is a small step in the right direction. A year ago, I wouldn't have contemplated such a challenge. Nine years ago, I couldn't work out why I felt nauseous and exhausted all the time. Five years ago (almost to the day), my last operation saw me reduced to being barely able to walk upstairs.

    Yet here I am. You can't keep a good girl down.

No comments:

Post a Comment