Tuesday 10 May 2022

The Conquering Hero - Beethoven and the cello

I was joined for the latest episode of Harmonious World by cellist Jennifer Kloetzel.

    Jennifer's latest album - Beethoven : The Conquering Hero - is already one of my favourites of 2022. A stunning collecting of the great composers 'complete' works for cello, this three-album set includes five sonatas for Cello and Piano, three sets of variations and the Horn sonata for which the composer wrote a cello part. We had a lovely discussion about how Beethoven experimented with the instrument and the stunning results.

    Thanks to Jennifer for allowing me to use clips from the album alongside our conversation.

Follow me on instagram.com/hilaryrwriter
Follow me on facebook.com/HilaryRobertsonFreelanceWriter
Follow me on twitter.com/hilaryrwriter

    Don't forget the Quincy Jones quote that sums up why I do this: "Imagine what a harmonious world it would be if every single person, both young and old, shared a little of what he is good at doing."



No comments:

Post a Comment