Tuesday 30 May 2023

Making plans on a day trip to Santorini

Leaving Crete for a day out on the island of Santorini seemed a good idea, but little did I know how inspirational it would turn out to be.

The boat trip was longer than expected, but the comfortable seats and the constant supply of peppermint tea aided my deliberations.

It was inspirational to just have some time to myself. Plans are afoot and I was extremely fortunate to have as my guide local poet and historian 

Iakovos Theras Karamolegkos.


Iakovos was knowledgeable and entertaining on the coach parts of the trip and then led us through the streets of Fira and Oia, pointing out the best places for ice cream (you MUST try the wonderful Lolita's if you get to Oia!)

On the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, here are some of mine from a day trip that I will always remember.










Meanwhile, I have returned from a long day to lots of plans to expand the Harmonious World podcast and develop this blog into something of which I can be proud. Please join me on the rest of this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment