Tuesday 20 March 2012

Just be yourself

I've been reading quite a bit about self-improvement online recently.

To what end?

To see whether I'm allowed to be as happy as I am, right now.

Turns out, I am.

I have found who I am and it's OK to be me. I've tried lots of things in my life and done lots of 'stuff. Travelled around the world (although never actually made it right the way around to join the bits up from Hong Kong to San Francisco). Played in some great bands. Played with some pretty rank singers and wanted the ground to open up beneath me. Brought up two fantastic children and managed to maintain a lot of good relationships.

Where I am today feels just fine. A slightly more toned tummy would be nice, but if I stand up straight, my body is pretty much the same as it was ten years ago. probably 20 years ago. I love my house, the work I'm doing and the people I find around me.

Trying to avoid being smug and trying to help other people who really aren't as happy as I am, but only because I can.

So, if you're a part of making me feel like this, Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment