Wednesday 31 December 2014

R is for ... zzzzzzz

I have coincidentally reached 'R' in Graham Allcott's excellently practical guide to Productivity.

And what is 'R' for? Rest. Among other things.

I have managed to switch off fairly well this Christmas and nearly missed a meeting this morning because I was so chilled. Fortunately, I had a diary reminder in my phone, so was even early!

But now I'm rewarding myself with a few more days off before 2015 starts for real on 5 January.

I'm not making resolutions. I've set goals and, looking back, I realise that I've achieved a massive musical goal I set myself at the end of January 2014. It's all part of a steady progression towards a long term goal.

The only way to achieve my goals is to take it one step at a time. For now, the next step involves being kind to myself and having some ... rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment