Wednesday 18 July 2018

On being inspired

Inspiration seems to come from different directions. On two occasions this week, I have made a last minute decision to attend an event to hear an author talking about their work. Ideas are coming like buses - nothing for ages and then two come along at once.



On Monday night, that spontaneity took me back to The Groucho Clun in Soho for the first time in 30 years. The speaker was Holly Bourne, author of several teen novels and also How do you like me now? Tonight, the venue was Hitchin Library and the author was Zoe Folbigg, talking about The Note.


With Zoe Folbigg




Both authors were not just vaguely inspirational but specific in their nuggets of wisdom.  I feel focused on how I can get my own novel completed. There are approaching 20,000 words languishing on my PC and it's time to get the rest written. Then I can move on to novel number 2.


Hearing Holly and Zoe speak has given my renewed impetus and also some clear pointers in terms of what I’m writing.



Watch this space ...

No comments:

Post a Comment