Wednesday 13 February 2019

Movin' on

There's no way I could afford the original of this beautiful piece of artwork. But a print will do for now.


    This is 'Movin' On' by Ed Gray, created as part of a stunning music video for Paul Weller.
    So there's lots to love about it and I'm delighted to have a limited edition print (number 10!) on my wall. In the run-up to Valentine's Day tomorrow, it's particularly poignant, with so many images of love within the painting, as well as in PW's lyrics.
    I've always liked Ed's work and this was sold in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust, which makes it even more valuable to me. The framing wasn't cheap, with non-reflective glass that will also protect the print from sun damage, and the blue brings out the colours of the art. Worth every penny.
    If you want to see the creation of the original and just enjoy this beautiful video, you'll find it here.
    Meanwhile, something about the song, the print and the video move me immensely and I am very definitely movin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment