Thursday 14 May 2020

Motivation and resilience

While out walking (to exercise Zach and myself), I've been considering what makes me tick. Why can I motivate myself and bounce back from negative experiences?
    I know many people who are struggling with the lockdown and all aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although I've lost work and hence income, I'm still managing to get up and keep going. Sometimes I wonder what it is about my personality that gives me this resilience.
    Sometimes it's quite annoying to be always 'glass half-full' - I think it annoys others, too. I'm sorry about that, but it's part of who I am.
    A client recently terminated our agreement without giving me the notice we were contracted for. Although it was a significant blow, I simply decided that, if he wished to start up again after lockdown is eased, I would walk away. Taking that control (even if he has no idea of my decision) instantly made me feel better. I may have less money, but I have my dignity!
    So, I hope I continue to be motivated and resilient - albeit without annoying those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment