Sunday 23 July 2023

Going back 40 years - nostalgia can be uplifting!

I'm not usually one for nostalgia, but this weekend I took the chance to meet up with friends from my time at Froebel (then part of the University of London) from 1981-1984.

The moment that caused me to catch my breath was when I stood outside the music practice rooms I used in that period. If I'd known then what I know now, I would probably have tried to spend more time in there. But  I'm still amazed at how far I've come and where my musical journey has taken me from that corridor.

Looking back can be encouraging and heartening.


Touring the college and reminiscing (a few people arrived later)



The entrance to the bar hasn't changed

Sadly, the internal wood-panelled door has been blocked off.

Grove House is a beautiful building, if a little neglected

The view across the lake to the main college building

A stunning view from  the roof of Digby Stuart's conference centre

Suzy and Hugh try to glimpse Templeton - our home for the first year of university

I could just glimpse my bedroom window



No comments:

Post a Comment