Monday 1 January 2024

Season 15 trailer

Welcome to season 15 of Harmonious World.


The first thing I would like to say is ‘Happy New Year’. I really hope that 2024 is a happy and healthy year for us all. Some of my guests and listeners are in parts of the world where that probably seems impossible, and I really hope that we see some progress in seeing a return to sanity and kindness everywhere. Even here in the UK, where we will almost certainly see a General Election in May.


For those of you who don’t know who I am, my name is Hilary Seabrook and I’m a writer, podcaster and musician (with a little teaching thrown in).


Season 14 was a spectacular one and the statistics for listeners are quite extraordinary. I’ve had some amazing guests, including Christian McBride, Soweto Kinch and an extraordinary interview with Gadi from Shalosh Trio in Israel.


I also began using my theme tune, which you can hear now and was composed and performed by Joe English.


As part of my blog posting schedule, I’m now uploading dates for upcoming gigs, usually from past guests. That will be in addition to gig and album reviews and links to other sites I’m writing for, including The Riff and Kind of Jazz.


There are some amazing interviews already in the bag for January and more planned for the rest of Season 15 and I hope you enjoy listening to them every week - they usually go live on a Wednesday. Please do let me know which episodes in particular you enjoy.


For now, please remember my reason for starting this podcast. In the words of the great Quincy Jones: “Imagine what a harmonious world it would be if everyone shared a little of what they’re good at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment