Thursday 22 February 2024

Retreating to Gladstone's Library

The 'final' draft of my novel is coming on apace, partly due to a few days spent in the calm silence of Gladstone's Library.

My desk for a few days

Although built after the death of former British Prime Minister William Gladstone, his library was created around a large number of his own books and now provides a unique, creative space for academics and writers.

I was fortunate in being able to spend the best part of four days working on my first novel, which was finished a few months ago, but lacking ... something.

It's now coming on well and I'm hoping it will be finished in the coming weeks. There will be a Kickstarter to allow advance purchase of hardback, paperback, audio and ebooks.

Watch this space.

Meanwhile, if you have your own book to write, I cannot recommend anywhere better to put pen to paper or hit the keyboard than Gladstone's Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment