Sunday 18 February 2024

Today - 40 years ago - 'Headstart for Happiness' on Saturday Superstore

Someone recently asked me if I'm proud of my sax playing. Actually, I am. Although it seems strange to see images of me playing tenor 40 years ago. I thought of myself as a baritone player and have gone back to that first love. This is me behind Paul Weller on Saturday Superstore on 18 February 1984.



Looking back is good, as long as it's just a moment before looking forward.

Two years ago, I thought I would never play again because of my cancer treatment. Now I'm working on a new project with fellow ex-Style Councillor (from a different era of the band), Stewart Prosser.

Although playing for any length of time is exhausting now, I would rather try and be shattered afterwards. Since my two bouts of stomach cancer, I do get tired easily but I'm still able to play like the 21-year-old me of The Style Council days.

No comments:

Post a Comment