Monday 31 December 2012

An interesting end to an interesting year

In retrospect (which is what today is all about), 2012 was an excellent year that ended really badly.

I have a lovely family, fabulous clients and voluntary projects on the go, good friends and a home that is heading towards gorgeous.

Without the car crash of 7 November, this would probably have gone down as one of my best ever years. However, as my glass is always half-full, the accident has taught me some important life lessons about what I value.

But I wish I didn't ache all over. And I cannot WAIT until I can stop taking tablets every four hours just to attempt to function as a nearly-normal human being. Ever determined to battle through, I am having a little snooze before briefly welcoming in 2013 with friends at a local pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment