Friday 4 January 2013

This picture cracked me up

You have to love companies that spend a fortune on an event and make a bit of a pig's ear of it.

I don't think I made any friends this evening when I went along to the Simons exhibition of proposals for Hitchin town centre to write a blog.

I asked them where this was supposed to be a 'view' from. Probably a helicopter, around 20feet above Hollow Lane. Not representative of any view that might become reality. It's made me laugh all day.

After about an hour of discussions of the proposals themselves, one of the team made a passing comment about not being able to attract 'ordinary' people and everyday shoppers to see their proposals. Well, with display boards showing blank greyness to the outside world and the only indication of what was going on visible once you'd stepped through the door, that's not very likely. I hope they take my advice and make it a little more welcoming. Clearly, not much expenditure on PR.

Still laughing about the ridiculous artist's impression that probably cost a few grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment