Wednesday 30 August 2023

Day 1 in the Derbyshire Dales

 A group of friends and I are cycling in Derbyshire. There are some challenging hills, cycle paths that are gravel (tricky on a road bike) and we had a little rain. But a lovely day and more to follow tomorrow,


Every once in a while, the trail we were on for half of the ride passed under a bridge. Beautiful structures from the past.






We enjoyed a lunch break at Tissington, in a deserted railway station, where there were memorials for people who’ve enjoyed hiking and cycling along the abandoned railway tracks.


I have no idea what this indicated, but it meant something to train drivers or passengers until the line was closed 60 years ago.


At the end of he day, I gave Ella a good clean but I wish I had taken a ‘before’ shot to show how much mud covered her. Now she’s shiny and ready to go on a shorter ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment