Monday 10 October 2011

A new service to offer.

One of the ideas brewing comes from the latest 'Town News' from Hitchin Initiative. They're intending to offer a Community Enterprise and Training Shop and it strikes me that a key contribution that I could make would be in helping people write their CVs.

I've helped several people this year (as last year, and previous years) to write their Personal Statements for university applications. It never ceases to amaze me that highly intelligent people find it so hard to talk about their own achievements.

Some of us are guilty of arrogance and some of a very real lack of confidence. Honesty and considered detail are probably the answer, although some CVs I've seen recently are far too long-winded.

Having now downloaded Alan Sugar's 'The CV', my reading for the week is sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment