Sunday 30 October 2011

Planning for National Novel Writing Month

Everyone may, indeed, have a novel in them, but I'd like to get mine out now. In fact, it feels like I've got two novels in me: one that is going to take a little longer to write and the one I'm going to do for www.nanowrimo.org this November.

The idea is to write 50,000 words in 30 days and it's always good to have a target.

Before 1 November comes along on Tuesday, I need to have a plan and it's beginning to formulate, but it's really not there yet. Three days to go and I've no idea of characters or themes. Plenty to do tomorrow and Monday and then start the actual writing on Tuesday.

Even the title has changed three times. I'm trying to avoid cliches, but finding that as difficult as anything else. I'm going to plump for a working title, get the actual writing done and then the editing will probably take another couple of years!

So. Working title is 'Up against it'. Main character is Julia adn that's about all I've got so far. Not a Booker prize winner, probably. But maybe a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment