Friday 22 May 2015

Time to hit the woodshed

Woodshedding is a great expression - it's all about shutting yourself away in a shed and practising what you do best.

There are so many statistics about the 10,000 hours or so it takes to make you good at something. It helps if you start with talent or, at least, an interest in something.

I've barely played my saxes in the two and a half years since the whole car crash, broken/frozen shoulder, stomach tumour things hit in.

It's time to pick them up again and get into that metaphorical wood shed. I'm a long way down the 10,000 hours road so I'll just pick up where I left off. If not in November 2012, then certainly in June 1992 when I got married, then pregnant (twice).

It's probably that long since I properly put the hours in.

A Bank Holiday weekend is as good a time as any to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment