Thursday 29 December 2011

Back into the real world - but it still feels like a holiday


I read this on the BBC website.

A few years ago, I read an article about the health benefits of green tea and I've been drinking it ever since. Now, this research proves what I've always known, which is that a healthy diet can have long-term benefits.

It was brought home to me recently by someone reminding me that I've been vegetarian longer than I was a carnivore. It's now more than 28 years since I ate my last roast chicken and coming up for 28 years since I ate the last piece of fish. It was a particularly memorable New Year's Day celebration with good friends. Just one look at the face of the salmon put me off fish for life (well, for nearly 30 years so far!)

So, I am beginning a list of goals for the next 12 and a bit months before I hit 50. There are not many things I haven't done(!), but enough. Luckily, my list of things to do before I hit 30 included the London to Brighton bike ride, so that's not one to add now. Before I hit 40 I climbed the Three Peaks of Britain and walked five marathons (never again for the latter, definitely).

This new list will probably be more cerebral than physical and I'm happy to take suggestions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment