Tuesday 6 December 2011

I seem to have beaten the curse of November.

There is no evidence to support my previous hatred of November, or to believe that it was somehow 'unlucky' for me. Nevertheless, it seems that the bad stuff that has happened to me has usually taken place in the depths of Autumn.

Looking back, I've fallen out with friends, lost boyfriends, given up jobs on a whim because of some affront that I cannot even remember. Now I think I probably brought some stuff on myself, simply be dreading the month.

I know why it is - my birthday is in January and I have always LOVED Christmas so December is a good month. November just doesn't seem able to live up to those expectations.

However, 2011 seems to have broken the mould. I've been busier with work than I could have possibly hoped for and may have rekindled (albeit slowly and minutely and with no actual manifestation) my love-life. I've done a couple of really good gigs and begun to get properly settled into my new house.

One downside? I didn't get far with National Novel Writing Month. Just too much work that I was actually enjoying as much as writing my novel.

I didn't dare mention the improvement during November itself, but now feel able to do so. It feels good and if you - kind reader - had anything to do with it, then thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment