Saturday 31 December 2011

Traditionally, looking back on the past year

Having just found the notes I made most mornings through 2011, it's fairly amazing that I was not more unhappy than I actually was twelve months ago and through to the middle of July.

When you're in a difficult situation that just keeps getting worse, there really does come a time to call it quits. So many people were being lovely and supportive and a tiny few others (they know who they are and do not need naming here) behaved absolutely despicably. Thankfully, I no longer have to see them or speak to them.

Anyway, that part of my life has been successfully closed off and I look on the past few months with a sense of awe.

When I met Paul Archer of Burning Codes at the end of November, it was as if someone had suddenly put into words and music the way I was feeling. His music has the qualities of great classical music, with a spirituality encased within it and flowing from it. It was an interesting article to research and write and I hope the final printed version evidences some of what I feel.

Although working on some of the projects with AB has been 'challenging' at times, the team in the office always make it fun and bring some light-relief. And there's always one of us to make tea when it's needed. Less said about the cakes the better, but Tory completely hit the moment right with her gift of party cakes one particularly difficult day.

At the same time, I've been carving my own niche within the business community of Hitchin. It's not easy and I don't expect to be a millionaire any time soon, but life's about more than money. I want to make a contribution to this community and living in the town centre does make that significantly easier.

I've been accepted onto the training course to be a Community First Responder and am looking forward to beginning that in February or March.

Who knows what else 2012 will bring. I've splashed out on my first ever big New Year's Eve bash and in just over an hour I'll be heading off to what used to be the Hermitage Ballroom to hear The Rhythm Kings and to join with 300 people to see out 2011.

May 2012 bring you all you deserve and may you be the best that you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment