Danae Xanthe Vlasse and I discuss 'Mythologies II'

This was my second conversation with Danae Xanthe Vlasse, a composer who is simply extraordinary. Her album Mythologies won a Grammy in 2022 and now Mythologies II is out, featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, sopranos Sangeeta Kaur and Hila Plitmann, tenor Omar Najmi and pianist Robert Thies.

Danae Xanthe Vlasse

I was so fortunate in being present at Abbey Road studios when some of this album was recorded, thanks to Danae and Maestro Michael Shapiro, my dear friend who invited me along to see him conduct this magnificent music.

This conversation was a delight to record and I'm looking forward to travelling to New York at some point to see Danae again and hopefully experience this music on stage. Thanks to Danae for allowing me to include some clips from Mythologies II alongside our conversation.

Thank you for listening to Harmonious World. Please rate, review and share: click on the link and subscribe to support the show.

Don't forget the Quincy Jones quote that sums up why I do this: "Imagine what a harmonious world it would be if every single person, both young and old, shared a little of what he is good at doing."

Support the Show.

Thanks for listening to Harmonious World. You can support the show by becoming a subscriber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Darius Brubeck Quartet live at Jazz Cafe Posk

Big Wade - 'Piano Man' out now

‘Memory in Motion’ with The Jazz Defenders