Living a healthy and sustainable life

One of my passions is living healthily. I love doing what I do (writing, podcasting, playing music and educating) and I can’t do any of that if I’m not living my best life,

For me, that means a plant-based diet, plenty of water and sleep. Driving north for just over three hours meant plenty of snacks, and I have rediscovered the greengage (a small, sweet plum). I bought a punnet of these little green delights from my local greengrocers and devoured them on the car journey. 

Getting plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables is a vital part of my diet and I try to avoid ultra processed food as much as possible, so treats like this are a delight. On arrival at a service station for a top up of tea, I deposited the greengage stones in the bushes. One of them just might sprout and produce fruit in years to come.

Now I have arrived at the music camp I tutor on every year, I know that I’ll have freshly prepared, healthy food three times a day - without any effort on my part.  Tutoring campers on everything from jazz and contemporary classical music to songwriting and performance skills is easy, if exhausting. My small tent is pitched as far away from others as possible, so sleep isn’t an issue either.



This week is a microcosm of my ideal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Darius Brubeck Quartet live at Jazz Cafe Posk

Big Wade - 'Piano Man' out now

‘Memory in Motion’ with The Jazz Defenders