Sunday 10 March 2013

Dear Berlin - keep it up

Whoever is training the men and women of your service industry is doing a great job, Berlin.

I had breakfast with a delightful young man at a cafe in Ku'damm. Then, a very helpful waitress brought me freshly squeezed orange juice and tomato soup close to the Brandenburg Gate. Another brought green tea and rich brownie next to Checkpoint Charlie. Another green tea from a young man in a train station I can't remember the name of and finally several waiters in a great curry house served me with a smile this evening.

Of course, I paid for the refreshments and tipped heavily, but my over-riding memory of Berlin will always be of friendly people who could not do enough for me. It seemed genuinely caring and friendly and that might be naively on my par, but today was a delight.

Thank you, Berlin.

Posted via my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment