Friday 22 March 2013

Mourning or celebrating?

Today is the day I bid farewell to my uncle Terry. He played piano at my wedding and I loved him very much. I spoke to him a couple of days before he died on 6 March and we were talking about me visiting soon.
The funeral has to be a celebration of his life. He missed his wife - Nancy - just too much and could never enjoy life without her. Now we have to see them as together again and celebrate everything they gave us all.
It will certainly be a joy to be with my three cousins and my brother, as well as my mum and dad. We have such memories of Nancy and Terry, as well as of my dad and Nancy's parents, my granny and grandad.
I'm somewhat nervous of attending a funeral less than five months after I could have caused my own. Crashing my car in spectacular fashion could easily have done it and I would hate to have put my children through the trauma of my funeral. When the day comes, I want them to really celebrate my life and remember the good times.
And I hope that there are more good times to come. The last few months have been so hard and I want to be able to celebrate again.
Posted via my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment