Wednesday 6 March 2013

A sad day for those of us left behind

My favourite uncle died today. Very suddenly, just as suddenly as his wife passed a few months ago.

He was lost without her and just couldn't go on alone. A sad loss for his children, though. I consider myself fortunate in so many ways and, today, not least in having both parents still with me.

I know his funeral will be a big affair and we can be happy that they are now reunited. I had a long chat with him just a few days ago and am very happy that I did so. He cared about me and my children and had played piano at my wedding. The only time he ever performed in public.

Now I'm in Camden to watch one of the final shows by Wilko Johnson, a guitarist recently diagnosed with cancer who has refused chemotherapy.

A strange evening.


Posted via my iPad

Location:Villiers Street,London,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment