Wednesday 2 November 2011

If I see another errant apostrophe, I may scream!

Don't let anyone tell you that the education of our children is getting worse.

It is amazing how many grown adults fail to insert apostrophes in the correct places, and randomly insert them before the letter 's' with abandon. Web sites abound with the smattering of random punctuation and it's beginning to get on my nerves.

At my going rate, it would cost around £50 for me to eradicate every grammatical error from most web sites. Is that a service I can market? Possibly not by pointing out my potential clients' ignorance.

At 06:45am tomorrow I must prepare to market myself to some illustrious businessmen. Where do I start? Not by insulting their education, probably. It definitely needs some thought. Particularly as 12 noon sees me doing the same thing in front of some illustrious businesswomen. A stressful day to plan for.

No comments:

Post a Comment