Monday 7 November 2011

NaNoWriMo causing authors sleepless nights

Firstly, let me state for the record that my contribution to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) should worry no genuine novelists. I do not now and never have claimed to be a fiction writer. But I do like a challenge.

1,667 words per day, every day through November. I have to confess to being a little behind, but I will catch up.

It's not great literature, though, and it will probably never be read by anyone else.

So far, I've walked the Three Peaks of Scotland, England and Wales, cycled from London to Brighton and walked the Moonwalk Marathon (did that one five times before I finally got the message that it was HARD). So, I do like a challenge, but my days of those challenges being physical is behind me - I do like my creature comforts too much.

So, the idea of writing a chunk of fiction every single day for a mont is within my capacity. The trouble is, that the real world sometimes gets in the way. I WILL catch up and I WILL finish it, but real novelists need not be concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment