Sunday 27 November 2011

The start of Advent - I honestly thought it was next week!

Well, I was caught short by talk about the First Sunday in Advent on the radio this morning. Because Christmas Day falls on a Sunday this year, I thought that would count as the fourth Sunday. Apparently not.

Usually, this is the weekend when Florence, Freddie and I would get all the Christmas decorations, cards etc out and start decorating the house. It does feel strange not to have Florence around and maybe that's one reason why we're behind.

So, Wednesday will be the day to do it. End of November and then the run-up to Christmas begins with a vengeance.

Today, I had a real flashback to a moment in 1991, when I sat with Harry Connick Junior (I arranged the seating plan, so why not?) for the premiere of 'Memphis Belle'. During the film, he sings 'Danny Boy' and it's a great arrangement. In church today, we sang a hymn to the same tune and I came over all emotional. My life was very different then to how it is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment