Sunday 26 February 2012

Approaching six months in my rejuvenated career

The beginning of March sees the end of my first six months as a writer - again.

Although I took the decision a year ago to leave teaching and use that whole experience as a spur for a restart and an improvement in my writing career, it only officially began on 1 September 2011.

Now seems like an appropriate time for an assessment of where I am, what I have learned and whether I would choose to be anywhere different.

The simple, quick answer is that I am exactly where I would choose to be and have learned SO much. I have been incredibly fortunate in the work I have been given to do and the people I have met and - especially - those with whom I have rekindled business relationships.

The assessment itself is not a quick process and will take several days. However. I have retrieved the notebook I began in January 2011 and it is interesting to read some of the entries I made at a time when I was desperately unhappy.

Perhaps that notebook also forms part of this assessment - not just where I am now compared to six months ago, but also compared to a year ago. Taking stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment