Sunday 19 February 2012

To date or not to date?

More specifically, to give online dating another try or not?

Part of me would quite like to be in a relationship. At the same time, I am not sure whether to appalled or inspired by a (married) acquaintance who seems to be drawing moths to her flame on a site designed for people looking for one thing and one thing only.

Cards on the table - I have been on some dates gleaned from online sites in the past. Clearly, my single status would indicate their lack of success. For me, that 'chemistry' between two people can't be measured in words and can't be predicted from an online questionnaire. Also, some people clearly do what my friend has done and deduct more than a few years from their age.

Also, I have enough to do at the moment, without spending hours trawling through the frogs in the hope that one will turn into my Prince.

So, I think not, at the moment. In the last 72 hours, three men have shown a vague interest in me. Each one, I've looked at and thought "If you asked me out, I would go". They didn't. None of them. My 'repel' look obviously works oh so well.

So, as I approach the magic Five-Oh in a little under 11 months, it's likely that my singledom will continue. Unless I practice being a little more alluring when men start to show an interest, but I think it's too late to know where to start on that one.

1 comment:

Hilary Seabrook said...

... I got as far as typing in www.match.com a couple of days ago and then backed out. It really isn't for me. In case you were wondering.

Post a Comment