Tuesday 28 February 2012

Ex-students and colleagues

This morning, I caught a glimpse (and a wave) from an ex-colleague with whom I worked at Hitchin Girls' School. It was so good to see him and reminded me of some happy times.

Last night, I bumped into an ex-year 9 student from Fearnhill, who was over-joyed to see me. He spent several minutes telling me what he was up to and how he was getting on. It was quite emotional to see him so enthusiastic and so pleased to see me.

I then spent a happy hour at the 18th Birthday celebration of another ex-student, this one from Hitchin Girls'. I was so touched to be invited and to see what a charming young lady she is turning into.

What all of this has done is to help me see that I have taken so much from the experience of teaching for six years (and hopefully given a little back). It was certainly not a waste of time and effort and has helped to make me the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment